|ABOUT LINDEN KING:
Linden King is married with four children, and has been a resident of Mississauga for 42 years. Linden is an information technology professional who is currently employed as an Associate Director at Bell Canada and has over 25 years’ experience working with leading edge technology. Previously, Linden worked for Oracle Corporations as the Global Voice over IP Architect Product Manager for voice and video communications. Prior to Oracle Corporation, he was employed with Toronto Hydro as the Supervisor of Telecommunications.
Linden’s current and past board experience are the following:
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation, Halton-Peel Grant Review Team
- Mississauga Arts Council, Board of Directors
- Safe City Mississauga, Board of Directors
- CBW Non-Profit Housing Inc.(Region of Peel), Board of Directors
- Peel Multicultural Council, Advisor
- Mississauga Youth Games (MY Games), Board of Directors
- Arnold Hughes & Associates, Toronto’s Caribbean Carnival Parade costume designers, Board of Directors
Past board experience are the following:
- Mississauga Olympians Track and Field Club, Event Host
- Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee, Board Member
- Toronto Electrical Utilities Credit Union, Board of Directors
Linden has been actively involved and affiliated with the largest Caribbean festival in North America for over 30 years. In 2008 Linden joined the Maytree Foundation Leadership Network that “focuses on empowering individuals, funding innovative ideas, supporting effective leaders, and finding ways to achieve change and enhance the public good”.
Linden has successfully achieved credentials in Telecommunications Management as a Graduate of Ryerson University, and he is also a graduate of Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology in Electrical (Control) Engineering and Industrial Instrumentation Engineering. Also, he has completed an Ontario Management Development Leadership diploma from The Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advance Learning. In his spare time Linden further serves his community as video producer at Portico community church and coached children in track & field, baseball and football.
Linden’s motivation for running for school board trustee is based on experiences as a parent and a student who went through the Ontario educational system. In addition, to advocate for change that matters to communities and promoting Technology Enhanced Learning.
Linden intends to make a progressive difference by informing, supporting and intervening on behalf of his constituents and the Peel District School Board to actively promote quality education for students. "I understand that a good education is not only critical to our children's success, but also for Mississauga's future.
"I want to help Build Community and Student Success!!”
STAY CONNECTED / GET INVOLVED / DONATE